Steen River, Alberta
Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd. is an emerging junior oil and gas company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our Primary business is upstream oil and gas exploitation and development. Our sub-surface technical capabilities lead the industry in geology, geophysics, engineering and petrophysics analysis.
The Opportunity: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the day to day operations of our Steen River Office. You will be offering administrative support to our Foreman. The successful candidate will be also be responsible for providing field data to various users within Strategic’s Head Office in Calgary, AB.
- Support the day to day operations of the field office.
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for the upkeep of PVR and to identify/correct errors.
- Supply IT support to the Field Staff as required.
- Input information as required into Corporate Systems, pertaining to field operations.
- Prepare and sort all incoming/outgoing mail, deliveries and faxes.
- Assist the Foreman with the scheduling of appointments/meetings.
- Follow-up with Operators on projects and delegations given by the Foreman to ensure that all tasks are completed and tracked.
- Assist with vacation planning and scheduling for the field staff.
- Record meeting minutes, draft letters and collect/compile data for preparation reports as required.
- Develop and maintain a well-organized filing system
- Update and maintain an Audit filing system
- Perform additional clerical duties including document control and assembly, filing and copying as needed.
- Ensure ERP, Asset Integrity and Safety Manuals are current and kept up to date.
- Develop an understanding of EPAP and its requirements, ensure documents are filed appropriately, both paper and electronic.
- Complete Safety Data Reporting as required by Corporate Procedures.
- Assist the Foreman in day to day duties.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Strong computer skills in the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PVR.
- Able to keep a high level of professionalism in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to enhance the field office productivity.
- Professional telephone and email manor.
- Experience in handling confidential materials, correspondence and issues.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize tasks in order to meet all deadlines
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Typing speed of at least 55 wpm.
- Confident and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Physically sound as this position requires bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching and twisting. You will stand/walk as well as sit at a computer for intermittent periods.
- Promotes a safe and healthy workplace.
- Industry related experience an asset.
Safety Certificate Requirements:
WHMIS, H2S and Standard First Aid.
This is a four month contract. The successful candidate will work a 10 hour work day, 4 days per week, Monday to Thursday. Camp accommodations and meals will be provided. This is an hourly paid position. You must hold a valid driver’s licence and provide your own vehicle to get to and from the job site.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please visit our website at www.sogoil.com to apply in confidence to email@example.com We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted